Crafting your First Signature Talk
Wednesday, March 21st
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
LOCATION: Toronto social innovation center – 192 Spadina ave
WORKSHOP BABE & HOSTS
Rebecca Laramee – Performance Manager at TedxToronto
Kevin Breel – Ted.com Ted Talk, Author, Activist and comedian
HAMZA KHAN - AWARD WINNING MARKETER, AUTHOR & SPEAKER
WALI SHAH - POET, SPEAKER, PERFORMER & TED TALK SPEAKER
TICKET PRICE: $45.00
Writing a speech vs putting together your signature talk are two very different things! You’ve seen those Ted Talks where every single keynote is on point with just the right amount of humor, tone of voice and of course perfectly put together content.
This workshop will take your personal brand to a whole new level. Putting yourself out there with a kick ass keynote can nail you new clients and build up your press page like nobody’s business. This workshop features a discussion and keynote from some of the best storytellers in Toronto. Check out what you will learn below!
What you get:
- Exploring your story
- Crafting your board
- Storytelling techniques
- Owning your story
- Speech and delivery
- Execution & style
MEET OUR SPEAKERS
Brunch & Inspired
Sunday, April 8th
1:00 PM – 4PM
LOCATION: Joe Bird
TICKET PRICE: $50.00
- House-made granola with yogurt and fresh berries
- Cornbread homemade with fresh corn & jalapeno butter
- Brunch Time Chili - sous vide egg over bean chili with crispy tortilla and toast OR
- Bird & Malted Waffles Fried Chicken with maple bourbon coffee sauce, chives, sour cream and slaw
- DIY Smores Bar
- Pilot Coffee + Sloan Tea + Orange Juice
We will feature five female #girlbosses who will be selling and showcasing their businesses.
Support female run businesses and discover amazing products and goodies!
- A Note to Her - @anotetoher – Handmade greeting cards inspired by her story
- Jenny – Handmade crafts
- Nav K Collection https://www.navkc.ca/
- Bowties & neckties for the amazing men in your life, just in time for Father’s Day
- Konsent & La Petite Ecoliere @lapetiteecoliere
- Founder Roberta Lindal @bertiebottslindal will be showcasing her fashion line that not only looks good but speaks volumes to addressing gender equality issues surrounding women, education and sexual consent
- The Girls Trip – We are launching our very first Girls Trip and will have a booth to tell you all about it!
- Opening remarks from our Founder, Huda Alvi
- Opening song by Local Talent
- Ayesha Sehra – Lead with Love intentions
- Soha Mohiuddin – Storytelling
- Anar Alladina – Anti-aging like a Queen
- Katie Zeppieri – Story & Social Impact
- Temi Shobowale - Founder of @herday.ca – Impact & Love
MEET OUR SPEAKERS
MEET OUR #GiRLBOSS MARKET VENDORS
Strategic Networking POWER WORKSHOP
Wednesday, April 18th
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
LOCATION: Toronto Social Innovation Center - 192 spadina avenue
TICKET PRICE: On us Babes!
Workshop Babe – Darine BenAmara – Founder & Creator OF The Smart Woman
We believe in giving back so women can move forward to strengthen their skills and build their tool boxes. You won't want to miss out on this power workshop led by Darine BenAmara, Founder of EasiPoli and The Smart Woman
Over the last 7 years Darine has collaborated with Canadian and global organizations to build and improve capacities for program development, partnerships, monitoring and evaluation. Through Gender Equality lenses, Darine has written speeches for International speakers, appeared on National TV Shows, Radio Shows, Newspapers and been a speaker in front of prominent audiences including The White House, UNESCO, UN Women Canada, Social Good Summit Mashable, Jamaica Chamber Of Commerce and many more.
It doesn’t matter how much knowledge you have if no one knows who you are, what you do and what’s in it for them. Strategic networking is one of the most powerful tools that can help you reach your goals and it doesn’t have to be hard. This two hour workshop covers networking essentials to boost career prospects and drive business success.
What you get:
- Strategic networking and its benefits
- Networking etiquette
- The 6 secrets to networking success
- The 30-day networking plan challenge